Les offres d'emploi
Postdoc for Electron Microscopy Technology Platform (m/f/d)Entreprise/Labo : Max Dellbrück Center Berlin-Buch / Berlin (Allemagne)
The successful candidate will be expected to provide mainly EM service for a large variety of research projects to discover molecular mechanisms leading to cardiovascular/metabolic diseases, cancer, neurodegeneration and others. The specimen we investigate range from isolated organelles, cells, organoids and the common animal models like mouse, zebrafish and C. elegans up to the unique species naked mole rat.
Special emphasis is given to the establishment of the new volume-EM techniques (FIB-SEM and Array Tomography) and the use and development of correlative approaches with the Advanced Light Microscopy Technology Platform in the institute.
The complete EM Technology Platform team consists of the leader, the (new) Postdoc and one technician. The current members are both well-experienced and in permanent positions.
The tasks of the Postdoc include but are not limited to:
- provision of a highest quality service in performing EM projects including project consulting, sample preparation, microscopy, quantification and interpretation/documentation of the data
- maintenance and management of the microscopes and the other equipment
- support and training of guest users with different levels of expertise
- application and further development of new, innovative methods for preparation, imaging and data processing
- management of multiple projects in parallel
- communication of achievements and provided services inside the MDC as well as inside the EM community
Applicants should hold a PhD in the life sciences or medicine. Several years of experience in classical and modern EM methods is essential for this position. Further requirements are:
- excellent organizational and communication skills, enjoy helping users with different knowledge or cultural backgrounds
- experiences with working in a EM service facility are of great advantage
- knowledge of methods like correlative multimodal microscopy (CLEM), immuno-EM and modern volume-EM (FIB-SEM, Array tomography) would be helpful
- experiences in image processing and analysis are desirable
- professional command of both spoken and written German and English
- passion for science & technology, team spirit to work in a technology platform
Contact : Bettina Purfürst